Hospitality Grant program is now open! The application process opened on March 8, 2021 at 8am EST and will close on March 19, 2021 at 5pm EST
On February 5th, Governor Wolf signed into law Act 1, legislation that set aside $145 million in funds to aid hospitality industry businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Requirements and information is continually updated as guidance continues to be issued from the Commonwealth. The FAQ and the What Is Needed To Apply documents found below will be updated accordingly.
Application can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
The program will make $6,181,069 available to Lancaster County hospitality businesses and to cover the cost of operating the program.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION:
The program is open to Lancaster County based private (not publicly traded) for-profit entities that meet the following criteria:
- Fewer than 300 total employees by full-time equivalent (FTE) during the February 15, 2019-February 15, 2020 timeframe and a tangible net worth of $15 million or less.
- Entities must have sustained a minimum annual revenue decline of 25% or quarterly revenue loss of 25% or greater in any quarter when comparing quarterly revenue between 2019 and 2020.
- The legislation requires grant recipients to operate within the Commonwealth of PA and have a NAICS designation within the accommodation sector (721) or Food Services and Drinking Places subsector (722). These are the ONLY eligible NAICS codes.
- Businesses must not be permanently closed at the time of application and the time of check disbursement.
- Applicants will be required to submit a W-9, 2019 tax return, and other financial/payroll information at the time of application.
OTHER GRANT DETAILS:
- The grant application portal is open from March 8, 2021 through March 19, 2021. (If all funds are not utilized in the opening round of grants, it is estimated that the portal would reopen in May.)
- Maximum grant award amounts will be based on company size (1-20; 21-99; 100-300 FTE) with the maximum amount awarded being the lesser of the dollar cap ($30,000; $40,000; $50,000) or three months of average monthly operating costs based on 25% of the total business operating expenses reported on the federal tax return.
- Grant awards may not be used to pay the same eligible operating expenses for which a business received payment, reimbursement, or loan forgiveness from the CARES Act of 2020, Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, or the COVID-19 Emergency Supplement to the General Appropriations Act of 2019.
- Applicants will be scored based on the scoring criteria outlined in Appendix A.
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.