The Lancaster Chamber and the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County collaborated to create the Lancaster County Economic Recovery Plan. This Plan, released in late April 2020, provided Lancaster’s business community with a road map to begin the process of economic recovery. The Plan includes strategies to address critical public health concerns businesses are facing, to ensure the breadth of business funding and financing options are understood and available to local businesses, and to develop analytical tools to track Lancaster’s economic conditions in real-time.
Key elements of the Plan have been funded thanks to actions by the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners to direct federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES) resources that will directly support Lancaster County businesses. Specifically, $25 million in CARES Act funding will be available to businesses through a grant program and $6 million will be available for personal protective equipment (PPE). This essential funding will help provide a positive path forward for our local economy which is fueled by more than 12,000 businesses with 100 or fewer employees.
RecoveryLancaster.com is a primary resource for Lancaster County businesses providing information on public health, funding, personal protective equipment use, and more.
The website will also serve as the main access point for businesses to register for PPE and for businesses to apply for grants.
Keep checking this website and follow us on social media for updates.
Led by the Lancaster Chamber and the Economic Development Company of Lancaster County, the team driving the implementation of the Plan also includes representation from businesses, non-profits and government.
The full list of 120+ volunteers will be made available in the next few weeks. Below is the list of local industry leaders, volunteers and staff who have been serving in leadership roles since late April helping to guide the Plan.
Meet the team below:
- Tom Baldrige Lancaster Chamber
- Lisa Riggs Economic Development Company of Lancaster County
- The Honorable Ray D’Agostino County of Lancaster
- Bob Macina Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
Team 1 – Business Financing
- Brett Tennis Walz Group
- Lyle Hosler Economic Development Company of Lancaster County
- Heather Valudes Lancaster Chamber
Team 2 – Public Health Mitigation
- Ed Hurston County of Lancaster
- Danene Sorace Mayor, City of Lancaster
- Hilda Shirk Retired Health Professional
Team 3 – New Business Normal
- Mark Lauriello Rettew
- Andrea Shirk Rock Lititz
- John Biemiller Economic Development Company of Lancaster County
- Ezra Rothman Economic Development Company of Lancaster County
- Lancaster County Purchasing Department
Team 4 – Economic Analysis
- Bob Zorbaugh LCSWMA
- Larry George County of Lancaster
- Naomi Young Economic Development Company of Lancaster Center for Regional Analysis
Team 5 – Communications
- Tony Gorick Lancaster Chamber
- Barb Huesken LNP/LancasterOnline
- Mike Reynolds Lancaster Barnstormers
- Alison Van Harskamp Armstrong Flooring